Pros of a walk-in tub.
- Slip and falls may happen when entering and exiting a traditional tub. A walk-in tub has a door that opens and closes that will help reduce falls.
- Waiting inside the tub to fill and empty
- Very Expensive
- Hard to resale a home with an existing walk-in tub
- Might need to update electrical and maybe a hot water tank upgrade
Aging in place, Stay in your own home longer.
Ideas on how to update and change your existing bathroom to suit your needs.
- Curbless shower
- Enlarge the shower
- Install Grab bars
- Install lever-style door handles
- Full length mirror
- Different height sinks, faucets with lever handles
- Widen the doorway